Reno Federal Firearms License (FFL 01) Services
Firearms Transfers- Due to my current schedule, I am unable to recieve packages unless they are delivered on a Sunday, and then I would be available to transfer firearms on Sundays or after 9 PM on other days of the week for CCW permit holders. I collect 8.265% sales tax based on the price you pay a third party seller, a $25 background check fee, and a transfer fee for myself.
Attention: The department of taxation has established new tax requirements. Click on the link to see the details. This is a reinterpretation of existing law, and would imply that upon delivery of a parcel from the post office, the post man should collect tax based on what you paid for the product you purchased out of state. FFL dealers however are being singled out. Under previous interpretation of the law, you did not pay sales tax to the FFL for the price of firearms purchased out of state. Instead, in the past you could report this and pay this directly to the state on your own as use tax. But now this tax must be collected at the time of transfer as a sales tax. There are exceptions for gifts and "occasional sales" where the seller sells less than two items per year. Unfortunately this is the law now. The Nevada legislature rejected a measure to overturn this tax.
- Handgun Cleaning Service -
- $30/Handgun - Basic Field Strip Cleaning Only.
- USPS Firearm Shipping
- USPS Firearms Shipping may be available if you call me on a Saturday as early as possible in the day, but also might not be available because I'm often not available on Saturdays. I generally can't predict Saturday availability until Friday. The nearest post office closes at 2 PM on Saturday and 8PM for a more distant one. I charge the cost of postage plus $25 if the firearm can be packaged and ready to ship before 1 PM and the cost of postage plus $30 if the firearm can be packaged and ready to ship prior to 7 PM. Shipments to California must be recieved before 10:00 AM and will cost $30 because I need to wait CFLC approval prior to shipping.
- To ship a firearm, I will need you to bring the firearm ready to be packed into the box but with the box unsealed so that I can record the firearm details into my log book.
- I can only ship to recipients with a valid FFL.
- FEG AP~MBP 7.65 / PA63 Magazine Baseplate Retaining Button Insert. I have some aftermarket plastic pieces that can replace this part. Some surplus FEG magazines may be missing their original, which means the baseplate can slide off accidentally or with finger pressure instead of needing a magazine disassembly tool. E-mail me if you need one.
- Aftermarket polymer trigger guards for Stevens/Savage 987 .22LR Rifle
0-Defeat is located in Cold Springs, a suburb 17 miles Northwest of Reno, Nevada. Washoe County.